Upper Dolpo is a high-altitude remote and unspoiled area near the Tibetan border of Nepal in the western Himalayas. The inhabitants of the Dolpo region are mainly Tibetans and thus trekking to Upper Dolpo is an amazing opportunity to experience the first hand Tibetan culture and arts.
The trek to Upper Dolpo only started in the late eighties. Until then, the trek was only limited to the internal tourists. Dolpo is the region of mystical beauty and the remoteness of the area adds as much adventure as a trekkers wish to experience. The region is also among the restricted trekking area in Nepal which requires a special trekking permit to accomplish the trekking.
Although being the least developed region of Nepal, the Dolpo region is among the most beautiful part of the country. Situated at the higher attitude, the Upper Dolpo is the region where not every trekker makes their way. Thus, trekking in the Upper Dolpo region will take you to the remote Tibetan settlement that is rarely visited.
The trail passes through the Forested land of Rhododendron, pines, and oaks. The abundance of the wildlife makes the forest more lively and our trek more adventure. You are likely to see the herds of musk deer, Himalayan fox, Snow leopard, Eagles, and Himalayan Blue Sheep.
The spectacular landscapes, pristine Shey Phoksundo Lake, and the centuries old monasteries are the major attractions of the trek. Another major attraction of the Dolpo region is the mountain named as “Crystal Mountain”. The mountain is a holy mountain that attracts numerous trekkers to visit the upper Dolpo and make a circuit of the mountain.
- Government Trained License Holder English-speaking guide/leader
- All domestic and International airport transfers on arrival and departure
- Good standard hotel accommodation in Kathmandu/cities with twin sharing bed and breakfast basis
- All road transport by private vehicles
- All domestic airfares
- All meals and accommodation on trek including tea and coffee
- Morning bed-tea on trek
- A free high-quality Dolma Treks duffel bag/relative trekking map and Tee-shirt
- Trek staff and full porteragem
- All camping gears in our camping treks
- High altitude Sherpa/porters properly insured and equipped
- National Park fees + Permits
- Travel insurance
- Visa fees
- Lunch and evening meals in Kathmandu and Pokhara
- Laundry and personal expenses
- Whatever is not mentioned in the included section