Situated to the east of the most popular Annapurna Base Camp trek, the Mardi Himal trek is a wonderful trek to escape the crowded treks of the Annapurna and yet experience the spectacular Annapurna range. Trekkers make their way up to the Mardi Base Camp located on the base of the Mardi Himal. The trek is a relatively new route and offers the trekkers with the beautiful walk exploring the region that is still not conquered by many of the trekkers.
The Mardi Himal trek is an enjoyable trek which offers the trekkers with the marvelous views of the entire Annapurna Range. The trek also provides you with the impressive views of the Machhapuchhare, Mardi Himal, and Hiunchuli.
Trekkers will walk along the rugged landscape and through the dense forest of rhododendron, oak, maple and hemlock. You might also come across some wild pig, leopard, porcupine, and langur monkeys. Trekkers are also likely to encounter Mountain Thar, blue sheep, yak and pheasant.
Starting the trek from Pokhara at 1400 meters, the trek will take the trekkers up to the altitude of 4200 meters at Upper view point. The landscape along the trail changes abruptly and there is minimum availability of the food and accommodation along the route. Yet, the trek to Mardi Himal is a popular trek in Annapurna Region where not everybody makes to go.
Mardi Himal Trek is a classic trek that gives you the taste of unspoiled culture and villages. You will be pleased to receive the warm hospitality of the local people and explore the Magar and Gurung culture.
- Government Trained License Holder English-speaking guide/leader
- All domestic and International airport transfers on arrival and departure
- Good standard hotel accommodation in Kathmandu/cities with twin sharing bed and breakfast basis
- All road transport by private vehicles
- All domestic airfares
- All meals and accommodation on trek including tea and coffee
- Morning bed-tea on trek
- A free high-quality Dolma Treks duffel bag/relative trekking map and Tee-shirt
- Trek staff and full porteragem
- All camping gears in our camping treks
- High altitude Sherpa/porters properly insured and equipped
- National Park fees + Permits
- Travel insurance
- Visa fees
- Lunch and evening meals in Kathmandu and Pokhara
- Laundry and personal expenses
- Whatever is not mentioned in the included section